Monday, June 2, 2008

Princess Update

Princess, my co-worker, just came back from a cruise. She was actually supposed to spend time with her family at their "apartment" in Venezuela. I put apartment in quotes because I suspect that her family owns more than just an apartment in Venezuela. I tease her by calling it their "property" in Venezuela.



Anyway, that trip was cancelled because her parents returned to the US early because of an emergency. So, Princess decided, rather than go to Venezuela by herself, she'd go ona cruise by herself.



Before she left, she was going on about how she got the high-end suite with the balcony, all inclusive, ports in Mexico, etc.



This morning she told me that the cruise was fun, but it wasn't her type of crowd. She made fun of her shipmates because they had gold teeth and tatoos. In turn, they made fun of her requesting fresh garlic for her all-you-can-eat meal.



As she was talking about her vacation, she pondered,



"You know, I never considered myself a snob. But maybe I am. They just weren't my crowd. They were a fun group, nice people, but just not my type."



She's been reflecting a lot. It sounds like her thoughts have taken her on a path of illumination. For the Princess to ponder whether she's a snob... That's a big step!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: